424 Howard Ave Des Plaines,
- Phone: (847) 390-9410
- Fax: (847) 390-6170
Headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, Mespack is an international manufacturer of flexible packaging, end-of-line and soluble pods equipment for consumer packaged goods companies serving the world’s leading brands.
Recognized as a highly innovative company, and strongly committed to developing machinery to make sustainable packaging solutions, Mespack has the largest product portfolio of the industry offering soluble pods, HFFS, VFFS and end-of-line equipment becoming a strong and reliable one-stop-shop player with premium services worldwide.
The company has sales network teams in over 90 countries and regional service centers that provide immediate and expedited access to parts and time-minimizing solutions. Mespack serves the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical, pet food, confectionery, cosmetic, and personal care markets.
We have more than 17.700 m² divided into two production centers: Santa Perpètua de Mogoda (Barcelona, Spain) and Des Plaines (IL, USA). Furthermore, we have commercial offices in India, China, Malaysia, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Guatemala. In 2021 Mespack and Cloud, the reputed North American brand in the packaging machinery industry, have joined forces to become a one-stop-shop player.
Our Mespack Innovation Center (MIC) is focused on research and test, in a laboratory environment, new materials such as paper and mono materials structures, which are recyclable ready, recycled, or compostable. We collaborate with our customers and a group of stellar partners to develop sustainable packaging applications, turning our work into a true co-creation. The MIC is equipped with the most state-of-the-art equipment and technicians, who are specialized in flexible packaging and can adapt machines in accordance with our customer needs allowing them to meet their objectives and never having to stop the production.
Mespack belongs to the Duravant Group, a global engineered equipment company with manufacturing, sales, and service facilities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Given their portfolio of operating companies, Duravant successfully delivers trusted end-to-end process solutions to customers and partners through engineering and integration expertise, project management and operational excellence.
With worldwide sales distribution and service networks, Duravant provides immediate and lifetime aftermarket support to all the sectors It serves in the food processing, packaging, and material handling industries. Duravant’s market-leading brands are synonymous with innovation, durability, and reliability.
- Beverage > Coffee
- Beverage > Dairy
- Beverage > Juice
- Beverage > Other beverage
- Beverage > Powdered beverages
- Beverage > Tea
- Cosmetics/Personal Care > Cosmetics/Personal Care
- Food > Bakery/Snack
- Food > Cereals, Breakfast Foods
- Food > Confection/Candy
- Food > Dairy
- Food > Frozen/refrigerated foods
- Food > Fruits, Vegetables (Fresh, Canned, Frozen)
- Food > Grains, Seeds, Beans, Flour, Nuts
- Food > Ingredients
- Food > Meat/Poultry/Seafood
- Food > Pet Food/Pet Care
- Food > Prepared Foods
- Food > Soups/Condiments/Sauces/Spices/Dips/Dressings
- Household/Automotive > Detergents/cleaners
- Household/Automotive > Household/auto chemicals
- Life Sciences > Nutraceutical, Vitamin, Dietary Supplement
- Life Sciences > Pharmaceutical
- Other packaged products > Chemical
- Other packaged products > Pet Food/Pet Care
Sustainable Solution Description
ENABLING GREEN PACKAGING FOR A GREEN WORLD
At Mespack we are strongly committed to developing innovative equipment for sustainable packaging solutions in order to preserve the environment and assist our customers in the pursuit of their goals. We want to walk this journey beside them.
We follow three main strategies to integrate sustainable materials in the flexible packaging.
REDUCE usage of raw materials
- Reduction of headspace in continuous filling equipment, which results in a savings of up to 15% of pouch material usage
- Laser cut usage reduces maintenance and film material by a minimum of 3%. As a reference, 5mm is saved with a 100 mm wide pouch when laser cut is used in comparison to a scissor cut system
- Changing from rigid to flexible packaging can save up to 70% of plastic. Additionally, savings occur in regard to carbon footprint as well as storage space and logistics
REPLACE materials with other sustainable solutions
- Recyclable ready (Polyolefins, Mono PE, Mono PP)
- Recycled (contains at least 20-30% of recycled materials)
- Biodegradable or compostable (PHA, PLA, PHB, Paper)
ADAPT technology to sustainable materials
Our commitment to sustainability within the flexible packaging industry is not only for the use of new materials in the construction of our machinery, but also in development of new technologies that allow our customers to reduce waste and lower energy consumption.
- New and reliable sealing technology is used for sustainable materials
Film welding of recyclable materials is extremely delicate, due to the small window between melting and burning point. In addition, mono-material structures have the same sealing behavior in both inner and outer layer which needs an extremely accurate and sophisticated temperature control.
- Rapid changeovers reduce time and material waste when the format is changed
The preparation of pouch format changes not only requires time, but also film and energy consumption. Both automatic and mechanical rapid changeovers reduce the time, film, and energy used during theses changes.
- Less energy-consumption and highly efficient machines help to minimize the carbon footprint of the industry
Reducing the carbon footprint is one of the most important strategies for which we strive when supporting our customers in the pursuit of their sustainable goals. Carbon footprint reduction allows us to collaborate in building a greener world.
- Direct Sales
- Central America
- Central and South Asia
- Eastern and Southeast Asia
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East
- North America
- Northern Africa
- Oceania Pacific
- South America
- Southern Africa
- Western Europe
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
Create or Log in to My Show Planner to see My Notes.